Features at a Glance
DIY seminars on boat and motor maintenance, repair and upgrades.
If you’re interested in learning what it takes to maintain, repair or upgrade your boat or engine, head to Fred’s Shed for practical, professional advice. Free seminars cover a variety of topics, include demonstrations of techniques and tools on boat and motor cutaways, and end with question/answer sessions. Come with your questions and projects to discuss—
and leave with the know-how, confidence and inspiration to do it yourself.
Best of all, it’s all FREE, compliments of the Progressive® Insurance Baltimore Boat Show®.
Test equipment & experience the fun & fitness benefits of paddle sports
Paddle sports are enjoying a surge in popularity—thanks to their affordability, ease of use and fitness benefits. Watch demos and get out on the PadddleFest Pool to experience the fun for yourself.
What’s SUP? An offshoot of surfing, stand-up paddleboarding, or SUP, has evolved into one of the world’s fastest growing sports—popular for both recreation and fitness.
You can get on board with Mantra Fit during the show — Stop by to take a paddle board out for a test ride or pre-register for a free SUP fitness class. Surf's up!
Comfortable or athletic type clothing is recommended for all SUP/ kayak activities, but not required. Proper attire is needed for any fitness classes. There will be a changing facility on site.
Located in Space A110
CLICK HERE for information about Mantra Fit
The eight-time World Champion Miss GEICO Racing Team is proud to introduce the newest and latest Miss GEICO offshore racing boat.
The new Miss GEICO is a 50-ft. long catamaran made of carbon/Kevlar. At approximately 12,000 pounds, she is almost 1,500 pounds lighter than her predecessor. She has a wider beam which will allow her to ride smoother at faster rates of speed.
Propelled by piston-powered engines generating 1800 horsepower per side, she currently has a top speed of 180mph. Off season plans include increasing the RPM speed to enable Miss GEICO to reach a top speed in excess of 200 mph.
An educated boater is a safe boater
Boost your boating IQ! Learn the fundamentals of boating safety and have fun. Top-notch mariners from the Annapolis School of Seamanship will be on deck to lead an array of interactive “courses” including general boating safety seminars, proper docking procedures, a boating simulator experience, and tips and tricks to help ensure your safety on the water. It’s enjoyable and educational for the whole family!
- Gateway to Boating: Get an overview of the styles and types of boats and how they fit the boating lifestyle you choose.
- Watersports Safety Seminar: Gain the know-how you need to keep everyone on your boat —and on the water—safe, and ensure every outing is fun and enjoyable.
- iNavigation: Learn how to use the resources available to modern boaters—from traditional compass and paper charts, to onboard electronics, to tablets such as the Apple iPad® to stay safe and have fun on the water.
- Boat Systems: Learn how to manage your boats systems from stem to stern.
- Docking & Line Handling: Does docking cause you stress? Let us “show you the ropes” with tricks, and techniques that can make docking easy.
- 10 Steps to Becoming a Good Gilligan: Even on a three-hour tour, a good first mate is key to a great day on the water. This sessions covers the skills you need as a first mate.
Stop by the Progressive® Insurance Welcome Center or Progressive Insurance Boat School for more information.
Let your little ones get creative! Toy Boat Building gives your child a chance to build a nautical masterpiece—a one-of-a-kind vessel using pieces of wood, a little glue, and a lot of imagination.
Located in the Kids' Cove Area - Space C64
Win a Hobie Fishing Kayak!
Complete an entry form at the "Enter to Win" kiosk in the show lobby for your chance to win a Hobie Pro Angler 12 Kayak, valued at $3,150!