Features at a Glance
PaddleFest Pool—Hosted by Mantra Fit & Ultimate Watersports
Test equipment & experience the fun & fitness benefits of paddle sports
Paddle sports are enjoying a surge in popularity—thanks to their affordability, ease of use and fitness benefits. Watch demos and get out on the PadddleFest Pool to experience the fun for yourself.
What’s SUP? An offshoot of surfing, stand-up paddleboarding, or SUP, has evolved into one of the world’s fastest growing sports—popular for both recreation and fitness.
You can get on board with Mantra Fit during the show — Stop by to take a paddleboard out for a test ride or pre-register for a free SUP fitness class. Surf's up!
CLICK HERE for SUP class descriptions and Schedule. To Register for a fitness class
Try Kayaking Join the pros at Ultimate Watersports for FREE demos of the latest and greatest kayaks in the industry! Get tips from certified instructors while you test drive our kayaks right on the PaddleFest Pool!
*comfortable or athletic type clothing is recommended for all SUP/ kayak activities, but not required. Proper attire is needed for any fitness classes. Changing facility will be offered on site
Located in Space C106
CLICK HERE for information about Mantra Fit
CLICK HERE for information about Ultimate Watersports
DIY seminars and workshops covering boat and motor maintenance, repair and upgrades.
Watch, learn and do! If you’re a do-it-yourselfer or boat owner interested in maintaining, repairing or upgrading your boat or engine, head to Fred’s Shed for practical, professional advice. Free, daily seminars and talk-show format clinics cover a variety of topics, and include demos and question/answer. Together, hosts “The Boating Guy,” and certified marine service technician Fred, bring more than 50 years of boating experience to the Shed and will be on site to share their expertise. Stop by to see the cutaway boat and motor, participate in hands-on clinics and get your questions answered. Best of all, it’s all FREE, compliments of the Progressive Insurance Baltimore Boat Show.
New this year—Fred’s Shed DIY Guidebook Seminar attendees will receive the Fred’s Shed DIY Guidebook, featuring export advice and how-to articles from Boating magazine.
See the ALL-NEW Miss GEICO Racing Boat
The six-time World Champion Miss GEICO Racing Team is proud to introduce the newest and latest Miss GEICO offshore racing boat.
The new Miss GEICO is a 50-ft. Victory catamaran made of carbon/kevlar. At approximately 11,000 pounds, she is almost 1,500 pounds lighter than her predecessor and is equal in length. She has a 12-ft. beam, which is 6-ft. wider than the former boat; the extra width will allow her to ride smoother at faster rates of speed. Powered by 1075 Mercury racing engines, she currently has a top speed of 170mph.
NEW! DIscover Boating Center
- Straightforward answers to all your boating questions
- Expert, unbiased advice on finding a boat that best suits your lifestyle and your budget
- Information you can trust and local resources to help you get started
Boating on a Budget
Think owning a boat is out of your reach? Think again! When it comes to enjoyable ways to spend your leisure time, boating is far more affordable than you may realize. Be sure to stop by and check out this special showcase of boats you can own for less than $250 per month.
New! Progressive® Insurance Boat School
An educated boater is a safe boater Boost your boating IQ! Learn the fundamentals of boating safety and have fun. Top-notch mariners from the Annapolis School of Seamanship will be on deck to lead an array of interactive “courses” including general boating safety seminars, proper docking procedures, a boating simulator experience, and tips and tricks to help ensure your safety on the water. It’s enjoyable and educational for the whole family!
- Gateway to Boating Get an overview of the styles and types of boats and how they fit the boating lifestyle you choose.
- Watersports Safety Seminar Gain the know-how you need to keep everyone on your boat —and on the water—safe, and ensure every outing is fun and enjoyable.
- iNavigation: Learn how to use the resources available to modern boaters—from traditional compass and paper charts, to onboard electronics, to tablets such as the Apple iPad® to stay safe and have fun on the water.
- Boat Systems: Learn how to manage your boats systems from stem to stern.
- Docking & Line Handling: Does docking cause you stress? Let us “show you the ropes” with tricks, and techniques that can make docking easy.
- 10 Steps to Becoming a Good Gilligan: Even on a three-hour tour, a good first mate is key to a great day on the water. This sessions covers the skills you need as a first mate.
Stop by the Progressive® Insurance Welcome Center or Progressive Insurance Boat School for more information.
Daily Seminars—Boating, Fishing & more!
Presented by Chesapeake Bay Magazine
and Annapolis School of Seamanship
5th Annual Crab Picking Contest
Shells will be flying as contestants show off their skill in reducing piles of crustaceans to mounds of crab meat.
Saturday 5pm in the Food Court.
Kids' Create a Boat—Toy Boat Building
Let your little ones get creative! Toy Boat Building gives your child a chance to build a nautical masterpiece—a one-of-a-kind vessel using pieces of wood, a little glue, and a lot of imagination.